Let’s turn our world upside down! Join me for a 2.5 hour workshop focusing on inverted poses from a holistic point of view. Variations of headstand, handstand, forearm balance, etc. will be given as well as the various tools and mindsets necessary to help you get into them. We will look at the role of bandhas (yogic locks) and breath in your inversion practice, as well as the importance of getting in touch with the subtle aspects of our bodies and mind to find presence and control in a pose.
Throughout the course we will look at:
- Breathwork (understanding how your breathing affects each pose)
- How to build up an inner awareness and intuition so that you can redirect energy into the right places when you lift up!
- The physics or “engineering” of flight.
- Warm-up sequences for inversions
- Headstand + Variations
- Forearm Balance
- Handstand Preparation
- The Beauty of Falling & Perspective
- Building Trust via Partner Yoga
What to bring:
- An empty stomach! (Please try not to eat too soon to class. Have at least a 2hr break in between your last meal and class time. Or have something very light.)
- Wear comfortable/regular yoga clothes
- Pen & Paper
To get the most out of this workshop, students must be in relatively fit shape with a regular yoga practice. Some experience practicing arm balances and inversions like crow pose and basic headstand is highly recommended. We will explore these as the foundation, plus some other funkier variations 😉 Private sessions also available. Please email email@example.com for more info.